[Update] Verizon will be updating the LG G3 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop through an OTA update.
To check for the update, head into Settings>System updates>Check for new system update.
Do not install the Update, If you want to keep the root access.
After the Update,
The official Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update (vs98523c) for Verizon LG G3 VS985 is now available.
Verizon LG G3 Owners, You can upgrade your Verizon LG G3 to Android Lollipop 5.0.1 today using the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant.
After the Update, Your device’s software Version is VS98523C
How To manually Upgrade Verizon LG G3 VS985 to Android 5 Lollipop:
You need to download and install the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant via this link.
Ensure that the following system requirements are met prior to installation of the Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA):
- Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows XP (SP1 or SP2), Windows Vista or Windows 7 (with admin rights)
- 1 GHz (or higher) Pentium-compatible processor with a minimum 256 MB of RAM
- At least 2.5 GB of available hard drive space
Download and Install latest LG USB drivers for Verizon LG G3: LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.16.1.exe
Connect your LG G3 to a compatible computer using the supplied USB cable.
Ensure the appropriate USB connection type is selected.
- From a home screen, select Apps.
- Select Settings.
- From the SYSTEM section, select Connectivity.
- From the USB CONNECTION section, select USB connection type.
- Select Internet connection.
- Select Ethernet.
Run the VZW Software Upgrade Assistant, You will be notified that the VS98523c software Update is available.
Select Upgrade LGVS985, and follow the on-screen instruction to install the Android 5.0 Update for Your LG G3
If you experience any issues with the Update, Please let us know in the comments area below.