The LG G5 (LG-H830) on T-mobile is now receiving an update to Android Oreo.
The Software Update is software version H83030C, and it includes the August 2018 Google Android Security Patches.
|Model||Buyer Suffix||Buyer/Carrier||OS Version||Live Date|
|LGH830SV||TMO||T-MOBILE||Android Oreo 8||9/21/2018|
|LGH830SV||TMF||TMUS_FRU||Android Oreo 8||9/20/2018|
|LGH830SV||TMZ||T-MOBILE_DEMOUNIT||Android Oreo 8||9/20/2018|
|LGH830SV||TMI||T-MOBILE_SAMPLE||Android Oreo 8||9/20/2018|
To check for the update, head into Settings>System update.
The Update will be available through FOTA and LG bridge. LG G5 Users who fail to upgrade their phones can also use LG bridge to install the Oreo Update.
LG today also release the stock kdz firmware for the LG G5 H830SV, Now you can grab it from below link.
Download T-mobile LG G5 H830 Oreo firmware
KDZ File size:2377674777
The Android N 7.0 Update for the LG G5 H830 is software version H83020o, It was released on Feb. 2018. and it is also available for download!
After upgrade to Android Oreo, you will not be able to downgrade the OS of your phone because of the anti-rollback (Qfuse) feature.
Below you can find the changelog:
– [Home Screen layout] Some apps may be placed differently in Home & app drawer. To keep using Home & app drawer select Home after the software update finishes. Then go to Settings > Home screen > Select Home and set to Home & app drawer.
– Android OS Upgrade
– [Home touch buttons improved] The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
– [Icon shapes added] New app icon shapes have been added.
– [Improved Settings layout] Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
– [Improved app notifications] Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
– [Improved notifications] The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
– [Improved performance] To improve battery life and phone performance apps now run less in the background.
– [More codec supported] Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
– [Quick info] Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
LG G5 Oreo Update Tracker:
August 30, 2018 – LG F700L/K/S – South Korea
September 7, 2018 – LG H831 – Canada
September 21, 2018 – LG H830 – USA