LG official today released the Android Pie Firmware Update for the LG V40 ThinQ in South Korea.
Good news for South Korea version LG V40 ThinQ owners, Now you can upgrade your LG V40 ThinQ to Android PIE OS.
|Model||Buyer Suffix||Buyer/Carrier||Software Version||Live Date|
|LMV409N||SKT||SK TELECOM||V409NO20c – Android Pie||06-12-2019|
|LMV409N||KTF||KTF||V409NO20c – Android Pie||06-12-2019|
|LMV409N||KOR||KOREA||V409NO20c – Android Pie||06-12-2019|
|LMV409N||LGT||LG U+||V409NO20c – Android Pie||06-12-2019|
The Android Pie Update for South Korea version LG V40 ThinQ is now available through OTA and LG Bridge. If you are not in South Korea, You can manually install the PIE Update through LG Bridge. – Get LG Bridge software here.
The Update is software version V409NO20c and includes the May 2019 Android Security Patch,
LG V40 B409N PIE Update changelog
- Android Pie OS Upgrade
- Gesture Home button function has been added. You can switch to recently used apps by dragging the Home button up to see your recent usage history or dragging it left or right. You have always added a setting to adjust the media volume when you press the volume button.
- A preview is provided at the bottom right of the screen capture.
Added battery saving function.
- You can set whether each app is run in the background.
The screen rotation button is provided in the home touch button area when the screen rotation is required.
- Security has been enhanced to enable power off after unlocking.
A lock icon display setting has been added for added security. Pressing and holding the power button will stop Smart Lock, biometrics, and lock screen notification when you lock.
- When setting the auto brightness, the user learns the brightness control pattern and automatically sets it to the preferred brightness.
Added “Sunset to sunrise” setting in easy-to-view mode.
- Manage folder access and Wi-Fi control permissions for your app.
SD card encryption no longer restricts the ability to lock the screen with a PIN or password only.
- Home screen layout pinning has been added so that apps and widget locations on the Home screen do not change regardless of the user’s intent.
- Dual app functionality has been added. You can install one more SNS or Messenger app to use with different accounts. – Features supported apps: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, Kakaotalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger\
LG official also released the stock kdz firmware for the LG V40 ThinQ LMV409N, You can download it from below links.
KDZ File size:4204834527