A variant of the LG K40, which was announced at MWC Barcelona 2019, has now cleared Bluetooth SIG certification. It carries the model number LMX420QM.
According to Android Enterprise devices list, LM-X420 is the model number of the Upcoming LG K40 smartphone.
Early Rumors suggest that U.S. Cellular will launch a variant of the LG Aristo 3 which was approved by the FCC with the model number LMx22QM.
Just like the LMX220QM for U.S. Cellular, The “QM” in the model number LMX420QM suggests that it is an LG K40 variant headed to U.S. Cellular.
Now that LG K40 LMX420QM has received Bluetooth SIG approval, it’s one step closer to getting whatever the device is to store shelves.
At MWC Barcelona 2019, LG official also announced the LG k50 and LG Q60 smartphone, But LG did not mention if the devices will be released in the U.S.
LG K40 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, Google Assistant Button
- Dimensions: 153.0 x 71.9 x 8.3mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3,000mAh battery
U.S. Cellular has not announced the price and release date for the LG K40 yet.
We will update this story when we have more information.