LG official is now rolling out the Android Oreo Update for the LG G5 H850 in the UK.
According to an LG G5 H850 user at xda forum, The LG G5 H850 (GRB) is now receiving the Android Oreo update in the UK.
|LGH850||GBR||GB/United Kingdom||UNITED KINGDOM||2018-11-14|
|LGH850||VUK||GB/United Kingdom||VIRGIN MOBILE||2018-06-11|
The LG G5 H850 (GBR) Oreo Update is software version H85030A. LG G5 H850 (GBR) Users should be able to upgrade their phones to Android Oreo 8.1 via OTA or LG Bridge.
The Vodafone UK variant of the LG G5 H850 received the Oreo Update in October, and the LG G5 H850 from VIRGIN MOBILE, O2, HUTCHISON, and EE have not received the Oreo Update yet.
Usually, Carriers need time to add their own bloatware onto LG’s official firmware, that is why the carrier branded phones receive an update later than others.
Download LG G5 H850 (GBR) Stock Android Oreo firmware
Software Version: H85030A_00
OS Version: O
File Name: H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz
KDZ File size: 2624804888
The changelog for this update is listed below. A lot of these changes are Android 8.0 Oreo features,
– Android OS Upgrade: Oreo
– [Home Screen layout] Some apps may be placed differently in Home & app drawer.
To keep using Home & app drawer select Home after the software update finishes. Then go to Settings > Home screen > Select Home and set to Home & app drawer.
– [Comfort view improved] The blue light filter in Comfort view has been improved. You can now adjust between 10 levels.
– [Home touch buttons improved] The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
– [Icon shapes added] New app icon shapes have been added.
– [Improved Settings layout] Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
– [Improved app notifications] Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
– [Improved notifications] The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
– [Improved performance] To improve battery life and phone performance apps now run less in the background.
– [More codec supported] Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
– [Quick info] Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.