In last week, LG released the Android Oreo update for the LG G5 in South Korea! Now, LG is rolling out the Oreo Update for the Canadian version of the LG G5 which comes with the model number LG-H831.
|Model||Buyer Suffix||Buyer/Carrier||Country||Last Update Date|
|LGH831||BWA||BELL WIRELESS ALLIANCE||Canada||2018/9/10|
The Update is now available through FOTA. LG G5 users from Telus, Rogers, Bell, EASTLINK, and VIDEOTRON now can now upgrade their devices to the Android Oreo OS. Those who fail to receive the OTA update notification on their devices can also use LG bridge to install the Oreo Update.
The update is software version V30c. LG official also released the stock android oreo firmware for the LG G5 H831, if you want to manually upgrade your phone with LG UP, now you can grab the LG G5 oreo stock firmware from below link.
LG G5 H831 Android Oreo firmware:
Software Version: H83130C_00
KDZ File size:2324353940
LG G5 H831 Android Nougat firmware:
Software Version: H83120C_00
OS Version: N
File Name: H83120c_00_0119.kdz
KDZ File size: 2368766987
LG G5 H831 Android M 6.x firmware:
Software Version: H83110D_00
OS Version: MMR1
File Name: H83110d_00_0711.kdz
KDZ File size: 2335177518
Below you can find the changelog of the LG G5 H831 OREO Update.
– [Home Screen layout] Some apps may be placed differently in Home & app drawer. To keep using Home & app drawer select Home after the software update finishes. Then go to Settings > Home screen > Select Home and set to Home & app drawer.
– Android OS Upgrade
– [Home touch buttons improved] The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
– [Icon shapes added] New app icon shapes have been added.
– [Improved Settings layout] Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
– [Improved app notifications] Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
– [Improved notifications] The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
– [Improved performance] To improve battery life and phone performance apps now run less in the background.
– [More codec supported] Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
– [Quick info] Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
Need to download the stock kdz firmware for other LG G5 model variants, please visit http://9to5lg.com to check and download the latest stock firmware by IMEI.