Here is our step-by-step guide for the Verizon LG G5 VS987 users who have bricked their device, it will restore stock firmware using LG UP Flash Tool.
*This method works only on Soft bricked LG G5 VS987 devices.
CLARIFICATION: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE ENDS UP BROKEN, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR THE LG G5 vs987.
What you need:
To Flash LG VS987 firmware with LG UP:
- Install USB drivers
- Install LG UP
- Install LG UP Dll for G5 VS987
- Reboot your phone and PC
- Connect your phone to PC, and run the LG UP, Wait until the LG UP detect your G5 VS987
- If LG UP can not find your phone, just put your phone into download mode and run the LG UP again.
- Now LG UP find your phone. From LG UP screen, Click BIN and choose the VS98711A.kdz
- Click start to flash the firmware.
- wait until the LG UP finish the process.