How to downgrade my Android phone to a previous version?
Many people accidentally bricked their devices by triggering anti-rollback protection. Your phone could be hard-bricked when you try to downgrade the Software version of your phone!
Your phone’s current software version is ZVA, and its Qfuse Verison is ARB01. You want to downgrade from ZVA to ZV6, But the ZV6 firmware has Qfuse version ARB00. when you try to flash the ZV6 firmware onto a phone with ZVA, You will brick your phone – Totally dead hard bricked.
What do I avoid if I don’t want to brick my device?
- Don’t flash a KDZ or TOT firmware with ANTI-rollback (Qfuse) Version less than your device’s current Qfuse Version.
How to find the Qfuse (Anti-rollback) Version of a KDZ/TOT firmware
- Download and Install Winhex or other hex editor tools
- Open the KDZ file with Winhex. In this guide, I oped the X210VPP11b_00_1031.kdz with Winhex.
- Press CTRL+F, from the Find Text window, Input ARB0
- Click OK.
- You should find something like this
- ARB00 means the Qfuse Verison of this kdz firmware is 00