In this guide, you can learn how to flash kdz firmware on LG V40 with LGUP 1.15 and LGUP DLL for LG V40.
- You can unbrick/restore LG V40 ThinQ back to stock with LGUP
- Cross-flashing with LGUP – convert Sprint LG V40 model to the U.S. Unlocked or GFI model.
- Manually Upgrade your LG V40 to Android Pie with LGUP.
What you need:
- LGUP 1.15 LGUP_Dev_Frame_Ver_1_15_0_6.msi
- LG USB Drivers LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.4.2.exe
- LGUP DLL for LG V40 lgup_common.dll Version:184.108.40.206
- Specific firmware for your LG V40 ThinQ – Visit 9to5lg.com/imei/
Step 1, Double click the LGUP_Dev_Frame_Ver_1_15_0_6.msi to install LGUP 1.15
You may need to run it as Administrator
Step 2, Install the LG USB Drivers Ver. 4.4.2
Step 3, Download LGUP DLL for LG V40, Unzip the LGUP_common.zip and Put it into the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common
Step 4, From C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP, You can find the LGUP_Cmd.exe
Step 5, Put Your LG V40 ThinQ into download mode and Open the Command prompt on your PC
Press Windows+R to open “Run” box. Type “cmd” and then click “OK” to open a regular Command Prompt. Type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open an administrator Command Prompt
Step 6, From Command prompt,
c:\USers \Administrator>cd C: \Program Files (x86)\G Electronics\LGUP
C: \Program Files (x86)\G Electronics\LGUP\Igup_cmd.exe
Usage 1: LGUP_Cmd. exe [COM Port Number] [DLL_ PATH (Optional)] [SW_PATH [EXTRA_OPTION<Optional)]
Usage 2: LGUP Cmd. exe LGUP GET INFO
Example: (if your phone is under com5 and your kdz is located in C:\ and has this name V405QA720a_03_NAO_US_OP_0529.kdz)
lgup_cmd.exe com5 “C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll” “c:\V405QA720a_03_NAO_US_OP_0529.kdz”
PLEASE Just use the LGUP DLL for LG V40 ThinQ We shared here.